Microsoft has launched Bing Chat AI’s ChatGPT-like third-party plugins, expanding Bing Chat to Google Chrome. Here’s a primer on Bing Chat!
What is Bing Chat?
Bing Chat is a conversational interface that allows users to interact with Bing search engine using natural language. Users can ask questions, chat, generate content, and get suggestions from Bing Chat.
It uses advanced natural language processing and generation techniques to understand and respond to user messages. Bing Chat aims to provide informative, engaging, and creative experiences for users who want to explore the web in a new way.
How to use Bing Chat?
To use Bing Chat, you need to have Microsoft Edge installed and be logged into a Microsoft account. Once you have these, you can access Bing Chat by visiting the Bing homepage and selecting the chat format or by opening the sidebar experience in Microsoft Edge.
Here are the steps to use Bing Chat in the sidebar:
- Open Microsoft Edge.
- Click on the Bing icon in the upper right corner of your Edge toolbar.
- Log into your Microsoft account.
- Choose Chat.
- Start writing!
You can ask questions and get complete answers side-by-side with your screen. Chat in the Edge sidebar has all the search and creative capabilities of Bing Chat and more.
What is the difference between Bing Chat and other chatbots?
Bing Chat is an AI-powered chatbot developed by Microsoft that is integrated into the Bing search engine. It is designed to provide users with conversational search results and assist them in finding information on the internet.
Compared to other AI chatbots, Bing Chat has a conversational tone in rendering search results, thanks to the large language model operating behind the scenes. It also has access to the entirety of the internet, which means it can provide users with answers to questions about current events and research available at the very moment they asked their question.
ChatGPT, on the other hand, is a third-party plugin that can be used with Bing Chat. It is an AI chatbot that uses a generative language model to generate text, talk conversationally, write code, and more.
ChatGPT was trained on the entirety of the web before 2021, which means it can provide users with thorough and conversational responses to questions about topics or events that occurred before 2021.
In summary, Bing Chat is an AI chatbot that provides conversational search results and has access to the entirety of the internet.
ChatGPT is a third-party plugin that can be used with Bing Chat and uses a generative language model to generate text, talk conversationally, write code, and more.
Related post: Which AI chatbot is better for you?
How does Bing Chat generate responses to questions?
Bing Chat generates responses to questions using a large language model that is trained on a vast amount of data from the internet . When a user asks a question, it uses this model to analyse the question and generate a response that is relevant and informative.
The chatbot also has access to the entirety of the internet, which means it can provide users with answers to questions about current events and research available at the very moment they asked their question.
When it generates a response, it provides footnotes that lead users back to the exact source it got its response from. As soon as you click the footnote, you will be brought directly to the web article in another tab.
The Rise of AI Chatbots
- AI chatbots are software applications that can interact with humans using natural language.
- They can provide various benefits such as customer service, information retrieval, entertainment, and education
- AI chatbots can also pose some challenges such as ethical, social, and technical issues
- Chatbots are becoming more popular and widespread due to advances in natural language processing, machine learning, and cloud computing
AI chatbots are becoming more and more common in various domains, such as customer service, education, entertainment, and health care.
They are software applications that can interact with human users through natural language, either text or voice. AI chatbots can provide benefits such as convenience, efficiency, personalization, and scalability.
However, they also pose challenges and risks, such as ethical, social, and technical issues.
Some Popular Examples of AI Chatbots.
- Siri: A voice assistant that can answer questions, perform tasks, and control smart devices.
- Duolingo: A language learning app that uses chatbots to teach and practice different languages.
- Woebot: A mental health chatbot that can provide support, guidance, and therapy.
- Replika: A social chatbot that can create a personalized digital companion for users.
- GPT-3: A powerful natural language generator that can produce coherent and diverse texts on any topic.
Click here for more quotes from world business leaders.